We’re a set of designers, developers, free-thinkers, disruptors and innovators building solutions on the Dynamics 365 and Power Platform and leveraging AI/ML and the power of the Microsoft cloud to help empower ever Student on the planet to succeed and to help every organization have better relationships and deliver exceptional experiences to their constituents.
The Foundry is looking for a right brain dominant and left brain fluent thinker with a flair for research and writing to help us elevate our brand, our communication and our content.
As a member of the Customer Acquisition team closely liaising with our Product team, the copywriter will write and edit copy for a variety of projects (including print, web, mobile, video, and social media), working closely with the Engineering, Sales and Design teams to brainstorm ideas, create concepts, and develop messaging. Thorough research and interviews will be required to understand our client’s industry, challenges, opportunities, our products, branding, and marketing goals. The most successful copywriter will be a quick learner with a background in technology or experience with B2B Software/SaaS solutions.
Your work @ Foundry:
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high-volume workload often requiring short turnaround times
- Continually raise the bar on creativity, writing fresh copy that connects with the desired audience and drives action
- Comfortably vary voice, style, and other characteristics demanded by the industry, company, or target audience at hand
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of communication and client-related industry trends
- Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging
- Research and understand the client’s needs and target audiences, through online searches, reviews of existing research, interviews with subject matter experts, and in-person meetings
- Write original copy and edit content for a range of product, marketing, proposals and communications materials
- Present copy concepts and final deliverables to internal team, and to client representative as needed, and participate in client pitches on occasion
- Revise copy based on internal and client feedback/direction
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, PR, Journalism, English or related discipline
- Minimum 2-3 years professional copywriting experience with solid portfolio of work
- Exceptional writing and research skill
- Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skill and multitasking ability
- Proficiency in InDesign, Acrobat Pro & Microsoft Office Suite
Nice to have’s:
- Social media or content marketing experience a plus
- Experience with proposal writing
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides a plus
- Experience working with content management systems, WordPress, etc.
- A keen eye for detail and appreciation of great design